Have you ever undergone water damage? Anyone who has encountered flood incidents may be able to manage the water damage to prevent the demand for complex and expensive mold remediation.
By engaging some preventive measures immediately after the water incident, you could save yourself from mold growth. Well, all are subject to the volume of impact and size of affected regions.
Do well to contact a professional to help you clean up the flood area fast and easy.
Below we will state out a list of guides on how to manage water damage. We give guides according to the material affected. Also, make sure these measures are taken within 48 hours of water damage.
Materials and Appropriate Actions
Just like the ceiling boards, discard and replace with new ones
If the Ceiling boards are affected. Then the only remedy is to dismantle and replace it with new ones.
Examine to assure complete water extraction from the floor or even under the flooring.
Concrete or cinder block surfaces
Use water extraction vacuum to extract water from it
Employ the use of dehumidifiers, fans or heaters to help dry faster
Also, replace with new ones
Hard surfaces (Linoleum, ceramic tile, vinyl floorings)
Try to wipe with water and soap. Then allow drying. Please damp, but scrub when applicable
Carpet and backing
- Put out to dry for 24-48 hours
- Use water extraction vacuum to extract water
- Use dehumidifier to reduce humidity
- Use blowers to fasten the drying process.
Hard surfaces (Plastics, metals)
Also clean with water and detergent; make sure it is mild.
Upholstered Room fittings
- Employ the use of water extraction vacuum
- Use dehumidifiers, fans, or even heaters to speed up the process
- May not dry completely in the next 48hrs. If you consider the piece is estimable, you may need to contact a water damage agent who knows how to handle furniture. Like Cary Water Damage company if you live in the regions of North California.
Books and papers
- Discard irrelevant papers
- For essential items, photocopy the main sheet. Dry some valuable original copies if necessary.
- If needed free- dry the papers
It may be dried in place when there is no noticeable lump, and the sutures are sound. If not, expel and replace wit new sets
Aerate the wall cavity, if feasible
Use washing directions prescribed by the manufacturer and all will be good as new.
- Clean water instantly and employ dehumidifiers, moderate heat, and fans for evaporating. (Be careful when using heat to hardwood grounds.)
- Polished or stained wood covers may be wiped with gentle detergent and water and allow to dry
- Wet paneling should be moved away from the partition for complete drying.
Follow these guides to preserve your properties and reduce renovation expenses. But, if you feel you can’t handle it alone, contact us today – (919) 335-7556.